Friday, May 05, 2006

Now for some Glow Snot....

OK for the glow snot this is one of the first attempts for me at the shop using this stuff. It does not want to stick to the glass it is what I have also named moon dust. But as you can see below it does glow pretty well. Gnat has made a few pieces out of the same stuff and was told that the dust does not work as well as the frit! I don't know if this is true due to him not posting what he is now using for the glow snot he is making.

Here was my attempt at placing the Glow Snot into a bowl. I got all the colors that I wanted into the piece then slammed it into the optic mold. Then placed a bit of the orange glow snot in the depressions of the star optic. The bit was a pain in the butt due to it not wanting to stick to the glass .... Like the name state it is like snot and just slides off the piece. After blowing it out it does not seem to work very well maybe I should have placed more into the bit. I tried to take a picture of the glowing in the dark but it is so little that it does not show up in the picture.

Ok here is an ornament that I attempted to make but it broke. I took it home just to see how it glows. It is neat, this was the purple glow snot that is on the left. Then I made a mug with the orange again to see if it would be brighter than the last time. I loaded this piece up with Glow snot and ......Well it does not glow for crap. It takes all day to charge the piece and it glows for about an hour maybe and when it does glow it is not really that bright. I am interested to see if the frit does a better job.

2 comments:

Is it sync'd yet? said...

DAMN you have been busy. I am not out of my slump yet bud. Stuff looks good and we have high ups making the rounds down here for like the next 2 weeks and I can't leave.

I have not forsaken yee! I will come, I just need to get this weekend past me and then make the plans.

Cheers,

Scott.
.

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»