Thursday, April 20, 2006

Pictures & Glow Snot

Ok... I go to start posting a ton of pictures and can not find my flash card that they were all downloaded to in the first place. Go figure! Well thus have to download them again to the laptop so that I can get them to the blog here. I will state that some of them are from about a month ago and I have some new ones of the Glow Glass (Glow snot as my brother would call it). I think he has hit the nail on the head with that due to the way it reacts with the clear. The powder does not want to stick and putting clear on it is some what of a tricky thing to do. This is because if you ever use this stuff you will see that it just falls right off the glass. There for you do not want to go in and gather right after picking it up and on top of that it does not melt into the clear. So to get it into the peace you got to have someone around to bring you a ball of clear to place over the top of the Snot and hope that it sticks. Recommend that if you use this stuff done make a bit out of it unless you turn it into taffy and mix it all together before putting it into something. Also if you use it as a lip wrap do not expect it to move very much. Will show a pick of a bowl that was spun out and well it is ok but where the wrap overlapped it was heavy and threw everything off along with not moving is was just a pain.

Ok for colors of Glow Snot...
Fire Orange === not to great as a powder
Bright Blue === Very nice
Aqua ==== Very nice
Purple === Looks good (the piece I made with it did not survive the cool down so hard to say)

I have a few other colors but have not tried them due to wanting to get something out that did not include me working on it for more than an hour and a half.

Well got to jam..."Gravity is your friend.."

Sloth

No comments: