Monday, March 06, 2006

Friday night!!!

Well it started off good. I was stoked all day because I knew that I was going to get into the shop to make some glass. When I got to the shop we had a demo of how to make a vase using bar stock and encomo (spelling) cups. I forgot the camera to take some pictures of how it was going but it turned out very nice and quite large about 24 to 26 inches tall and about 10 inches around at the biggest spot. Then it was time to play I was just going to make a glass with some color in it to get back into the grove of making something. This is how it turned out.
The first on is from the side it is not a big glass but the picture does not do it justice. The outside has a reducing iris gold that does not show up on the picture. I was disappointed in the glass in the point that the optic in the glass did not come out. If you look closely on the far picture you can make out the small striation that the gold what supposed to have that did not make it when it got reduced. No a big deal but not what I was looking for in the glass. IT HOLDS WATER!! That is all that counts when I have not been in the shop for over a month and a half.

No comments: